Monday, February 17, 2020

Spring Showers

 Hi there! Today I’m up over on the Sunny Studio Stamps blog sharing an interactive card I created featuring the adorable new stamp set Spring Showers.
The Spring Showers stamp set is such a fun set with all of the cute characters, kites and umbrellas, I knew I wanted to create something with kites flying up in the air and with the Sliding Window dies I gave it a go.
To create my card, I started out by stamping my images from the Spring Showers stamp set and coloring them using Copic markers then die cutting them out using the Spring Showers dies. I also stamped the sun from the Sunny Sentiments stamp set, colored that and die cut it using the Sunny Sentiment dies. Once all of my images were colored and die cut, I started on making my sliding window. To put together the Sliding Window card, I followed these easy directions which you can find here or you can watch a video tutorial here. 
There are three pieces needed to create the Sliding Window card, a card base, a piece of card stock cut 4 7/8” x 3 1/4” and your top panel which is 5 1/2” x 4 1/4”. For my top panel, I used a piece of white card stock and a piece of rainbow striped paper from the Spring Fling paper pack and die cut them together using the Sliding Window main rectangle die and the tab die. After that I used my paper trimmer along the top of the flap of the striped paper to cut the center portion out so the white card stock underneath would show through. On that center white card stock and the 4 7/8” x 3 1/4” piece of white card stock I blended on some tumbled glass distress oxide ink. Next I cut thin strips of clear acetate and attached my kites, clouds and sun to the end of them, popping up the orange kite with foam tape. The ends of the clear acetate strips were then adhered to the bottom of the center ink blended piece on my top panel. After that I used the Sunny Sentiment grass die which I cut from green card stock for a grassy ground. I adhered the three children with foam tape and added some flowers and a butterfly. For kite string I used some black thread and attached just a sliver of a glue dot to the back of the children's hands and then onto the centers of the kites.
To finish my Sliding Window card, I blended on some mowed lawn distress oxide ink on the lower half of my card base and stamped some grass from the Spring Scenes stamp set, adhered my 4 7/8” x 3 1/4” pull panel and adhered my top panel with the striped rainbow paper and my images.
Thank you so much for stoping by!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

What an adorable and creative interactive card. Amazing job on the use of window slider. Love this.

laixinjie said...

I like custom made sweatshirts