Monday, February 10, 2020

Floating By

 Good morning! I’m up over on the Sunny Studio Stamps blog today sharing a cheerful rainbow colored card that features the new Floating By stamp set and dies.
To create my card I used the fun new Floating By stamp set and coordinating Floating By dies. I started out with a white card base then die cut a piece of rainbow colored paper from the Spring Fling paper pack using the Frilly Frames Retro Petals dies. Next I stamped the balloon image from the Floating By stamp set and colored the balloons using Copic markers and die cut them out. The die cuts only the balloons and not the strings which is great because once you add foam tape to the balloons it really gives the illusion that they’re floating. After that, I stamped the little boy and clouds from the new Spring Showers stamp set, colored them and die cut them out using the Spring Showers dies. Once that was done I die cut a stitched rectangle from white card stock and using the cloud die from the Sunny Sentiments dies as a stencil, I blended on some tumbled glass distress oxide ink giving my rectangle panel a soft sky look. Next I stamped my sentiment and the balloon image then adhered a pink card stock mat to my rectangle panel and added the clouds, using foam tape I added the little boy and my popped up rainbow cluster of balloons.

No comments: