Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Painted Petals Card Collection Day 1 - CTD579

Hello! I hope you’re having a good week so far. It’s Wednesday and time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge. When I first saw the colors and inspiration photo for challenge number 579 I knew I wanted to create a collection of more formal floral birthday cards for my stash. 
 The lighting in these pictures really doesn’t show these cards as they look in real life but its been cold and dreary here lately and since I take my pictures using natural daylight I did my best. To create all of the cards in this collection, I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets Painted Petals (which is an anniversary set) along with the Painted Petals dies. I also used the Beautiful Butterflies stamp set and Beautiful Butterflies dies and the coordinating Beautiful Butterflies Layers and dies to give the butterflies more detail. All of the cards have a white card base with a die cut stitched scalloped panel which I used the Mix & Mat: Scallops die to create. I blended on some faded jeans distress oxide ink onto each scalloped panel and sprinkled on some water then absorbed them up with paper towel. I used the Celebrate Today (retired) die and die cut it twice from white card stock and glued them together. I stamped the images in night of navy, brocade blue, pink pirouette and hibiscus burst inks. I also used diamond Stickles glitter on all of the flowers and on some of the butterfly wings and applied iridescent sequins on a few of the cards.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: