Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Elephant Friends - CTD580

Hello and happy Wednesday! A new Color Throwdown Challenge starts today and we’ve got some pretty colors for all of us to create with.
I created two cards using this week’s Throwdown colors and used the sweet Hello Bluebird stamp set, Elephant Friends with the coordinating Elephant Friends dies. 
For both cards I started out with a white card base and added a panel of lavender gingham paper from the Gotta Have Gingham paper pack. I die cut both panels using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle dies. Using the same dies, I die cut two white card stock rectangles for my scenes. On each stitched rectangle I used a cloud stencil and blended on some tumbled glass distress oxide ink and also die cut a strip of grass from new leaf card stock using the Sunny Sentiments dies
For my first card with the two elephants, I used the Typed Everyday stamp set for my sentiment and for my second card I used the Field Mice stamp set and dies for not only the sentiment but for the dandelion and flowers. I stamped and colored all of my images using Copic markers, then die cut them out. I popped up the elephants and the rectangles for my scenes using foam tape.
You can see in the picture below that I added some iridescent glitter for the dandelion on my second card.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: