Thursday, January 31, 2019

Rub-A-Dub-Dub - Day 2 Card Series

 Good morning! We’re in the middle of a deep freeze here in Michigan with some of the coldest weather we’ve since in a long time. It makes me want to hibernate like a bear, except a bear that likes doing paper crafting and reading lol.
I’m back with Day 2 of my Rub-A-Dub-Dub  Card Series and today I’m sharing a horizontal friendship card using similar supplies as my card from yesterday but just changing up the layout. I purchased this stamp set last year and made a few cards with it but then set it aside and moved on to something else (I know I’m not the only one who does this right?). Well I thought it was time that this set saw some ink and I created some more cards with it. Since I shared the first card yesterday on a Wednesday, I might start a catch phrase and once a month do a “Work-it Wednesday” where I work over a set and make a series of cards.
 To create my card, I started out with a white card base, and then die cut two rectangles using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle dies, one from a piece of aqua gingham Doodlebug paper and one from white cardstock. I used a piece of brown Knock on Wood paper and die cut that using the smaller rectangle for my floor. Next I stamped part of my sentiment along the top and the other part onto a white banner for along the bottom. After that, I had stamped and Copic colored a bunch of the images from the Rub-A-Dub-Dub set and had them die cut out using the Rub-A-Dub-Dub dies so I arranged and adhered them onto my card front popping up the bathtub, large duck, soap and small duck with foam tape. To make my bathtub extra bubbly, I added some individual bubbles back behind the ones that form a solid bubble piece and once my card was put together, I used some Glossy Accents on several of the bubbles to make them look wet.
Thanks for stopping by, be sure to pop in tomorrow for the next card in my Rub-A-Dub Dub series.

No comments: