Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Sorry I Forgot..- CTD525

Hello there! Happy Wednesday! It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge where we have some cozy colors for us to create with.
 I’m having fun lately using the new Lawn Fawn stamp set Let’s Toast along with the Let’s Toast dies and as I was looking at this week’s colors, I thought why not do something a bit funny. To create my card, I started out with a white card base, then added a piece of black and white check paper which I die cut using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies. After that I used the same dies to die cut a piece of white card stock and a small piece of Lawn Fawn Knock on Wood brown paper. Next I used my Misti tool to stamp part of my sentiment along the top of the white rectangle and stamped the other half of the sentiment from the Elphie Selfie stamp set onto a small white banner. Once that was done I stamped my images, stamping the toaster onto a piece of gray gingham Doodlebug paper and coloring all three pieces using copic markers. I wanted to make it look like smoke was coming out from the top of the toaster so I smudged a bit of black pastel in that area before adhering my toaster with toast using foam tape.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Vicki Finger - January Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: