Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Hoppy Birthday - CTD527

Hello, hello! It’s Wednesday and time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge!
 Today I have a fun interactive card to share with you where I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set Toadally Awesome along with the coordinating Toadally Awesome dies. I used this week’s colors to give my card a more masculine/boyish feel and kept the focus on the main images within the circle.
 The first thing I did to create my card was to stamp my images from the Toadally Awesome set and color them with Copic markers then die cut them out. Once that was done, I used the Outside In Stitched Circle Stackables dies and die cut first one from white cardstock, then another from gray and white Doodlebug paper and then another from some blue gingham paper. Next I used the Simple Stitched Hillside Borders die to die cut the blue gingham paper and adhered the lily pad and stamped the black lines on each side. Next I adhered the gray and white paper to my die cut white cardstock circle. Then after arranging my images to the way I liked them, I used a pencil to mark where I wanted my little frog to pop up from and die cut the slot (first I die cut the slot in the circle and then die cut the slot in my background piece) and pieces to create my pop up using the Let’s Toast Pull Tab Add-On dies. (I did have to make adjustments to the tabs that my little frog was adhered to by cutting them down). I used foam tape to adhered the blue gingham piece with the log and cattails making sure not to put any in the path of my pop up and added my large from with more foam tape. For my background, I used a piece of Really Rainbow paper which I die cut using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables along with the tap from the Let’s Toast Pull Tab. I stamped my sentiment onto a banner and stamped the ribbit onto a speech bubble from the Chit Chat stamp set and die cut it out using the Chit Chat die.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Vicki Finger - January Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I just this adorable peek a boo froggy!