Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Skating Together - CTD526

Hello, crafty friends! It’s Wednesday and time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge where we have some frosty colors for all of us to create with.
 For my card, I used the adorable Hello Bluebird stamp set Skating Together along with the Skating Together dies to create a winter themed friendship card. I started out by using the coordinating Skating Pond Scene die and die cutting first the white frame and pond, then the trees from a strip of Knock on Wood paper and then the glittery snow from the Sparkle cardstock. After that I blended on some broken china oxide ink (which actually looks really light here after brightening up my photos) along the top of a white card base and used some tumbled glass distress ink along the edges of the pond piece. Next I stamped my images and colored them with Copic markers then die cut them out. I stamped my sentiment onto a Stitched Sentiment banner and die cut a bunch of snowflakes using the Mini Snowflakes dies. I popped up the two main images with foam tape, added some Wink of Stella glitter to their skates and added some clear rhinestones to the centers of some of the snowflakes.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Vicki Finger - January Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: