Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Let’s Toast - CTD524

Hello and Happy New Year! I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday season.
Today the Color Throwdown team is back with a new challenge to start off the year and we have some fresh new color to create with. Before I get to my card, I’d like to welcome this month’s guest designer, Vicki Finger.
 For my card, I used the fun new Lawn Fawn stamp set Let’s Toast along with the coordinating Let’s Toast dies. To create my card, I started out with a white card base then added a piece of Lawn Fawn polka dot green paper which I die cut using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies. Next I used some Doodlebug paper, black herringbone and gray texture, and used a smaller rectangle to die cut them. After that, I stamped part of my sentiment in the upper left corner and the other half onto a white banner. Once that was done I stamped my images, stamping the toaster onto Doodlebug gingham paper, and colored them with copic markers then die cut them out. I also used the new Let’s Toast Pull Tab Add-On die so that I could make my toast actually pop out of the toaster which is super fun. After adhering all of my images to my card using foam tape, I used some white gel pen for highlights and added some glossy accents on the pit of the avocado.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Vicki Finger - January Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

3 comments:

Georgiana said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Great color combination to begin the new year.

Lisa said...

Hi! Just wanted to stop by to tell you that I have been watching your adorable cards that you make. Especially the ones with Lawn Fawn....LOVE THEM ALL! Thanks for the inspiration!

kel said...

i love this card! i love the colors you used and the layout is really nice.