Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Thanks - CTD505

Hello, hello! It’s Wednesday and time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge.
 For my card, I used the My Favorite Things stamp set Bold Blooms to create a thank you card. It drives me crazy that it looks like the color pinks on my card don’t match in these photos, there’s nothing worse for me than when I’ve taken the time to create a card and the colors don’t photograph well because the lighting is off even after editing. You’ll have to trust me when I say that the die cut Thanks was cut from raspberry fizz cardstock and two of the flowers were stamped in raspberry fizz ink and they do match. 
To create my card, I die cut a panel of soft stone gray cardstock using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle dies, then used the Diagonal Bars stencil and blended on some going gray ink. Next I die cut a bunch of the flowers and stems from the Bold Blooms set, using the Bold Blooms dies, and stamped the flowers in raspberry fizz and hibiscus burst and the leaves and stems in hawaiian shores and tropical teal (I really do love this color combination). After that, I die cut two of the thanks from the Thanks & Hello dies, one in white cardstock and another in raspberry fizz and glued them together slightly off so that the white would shadow the raspberry and then glued the thanks to the bottom of my gray panel. Once that was done, I arranged my flowers and leaves and adhered them down, popping up the one flower with foam tape for dimension. For a little bit of glitz, I added some teal sequins and some icicle Stickles to the center of the flowers.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
 Joy Taylor - August Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

Bold Blooms

Die-namics Bold Blooms

Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cuts - Dies - Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables

Die-namics Thanks & Hello

No comments: