Thursday, August 23, 2018

Missing You

 Hello! I hope you’re having a good week. I’ve been busy getting our youngest son ready to go back to school, he starts middle school right after labor day. It’s hard to believe that summer is almost over. Today I’m sharing another card made with the Waffle Flower stamp set Always illustrated by Flora Waycott. I absolutely love this image and while on a trip up north with my family, we had a rainy day and I sat and colored several of these images (see photo below).
 The card I’m sharing today is one of the more colorful images I colored using Copic markers and the Always set. I went with lime greens, yellows, aqua blues and magenta. I used a piece of watercolor paper and die cut it using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables die then watercolored the panel with my Jane Davenport bright palette watercolors using Jimminy lime green and mermaid teal with lime green splatters. After my watercolor panel was dry, I used my Misti tool and stamped my sentiment then I added my images, popping up the girl, large flower and the bird on her head. To finish off my card, I added some iridescent lime green and clear sequins around my image and adhered my panel to my card base with foam tape.
 Below you can see all of the images I’ve colored so far (with two cards completed) which are waiting to be made into cards. I colored one red head, black, blonde, brunette and the one I’m sharing today with aqua hair. I really wish that Waffle Flower would come out with girl images like these for different seasons with leaves for fall, pine boughs for winter and maybe different flowers for summer. Wouldn’t that be great?
Thank you for taking the time to visit.



No comments: