Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Happy Bee-day - CTD508

Hello, hello and happy Wednesday! 
I’m hostess this week over at the Color Throwdown Challenge and I’ve chosen some vibrant colors for us to create with. I can’t wait to see what everyone creates!
It’s the end of summer here but our garden is still thriving with color. We had a family of bumble bees move in under a boulder step in our backyard and they were busy pollinating everything from our flowers to our vegetables this summer so when I found the inspiration photo for this week’s challenge, that's what I thought of, busy bees.
 For my card, I used the adorable Hello Bluebird stamp set, Bee Happy along with the coordinating Bee Happy dies to create a birthday card. The first thing I did to create my card was to die cut a piece of watercolor paper using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables die. After that I blended on some mustard seed and wild honey distress ink. Then I used all three of the different hexagon images from the set and stamped them onto my blended background using the same distress inks. I also splattered the background with water using a paintbrush then lifted the color off by blotting it with paper towel. Then I stamped my images and colored them with Copic markers and die cut them out using the matching dies. Once I had my images arranged where I liked them, I placed the dashed bee line stamp in place and removed my images and used my Misti tool to stamp it in black ink. I used the Grassy Hillside Border die for along the bottom of my card and then tucked some of the flower stems behind leaving one on top. I adhered everything down, popping up all of the cute bumble bees with foam tape. I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment  with white embossing powder onto a strip black cardstock and added that along the top. To add a bit of shimmer, I used some Wink of Stella glitter pen on all of the bee’s wings, added some white gel pen highlights and some Pretty Pink Posh sequins.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
 Joy Taylor - August Guest Designer






No comments: