Friday, April 16, 2021

Exciting News!

Hello there! Today I’ve got some exciting news to share, I was asked to be a guest designer for Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper for this month and I couldn’t be more thrilled!
For my first card, I used two new products that were just released yesterday, the first is the beautiful new Blooming Thoughts stamp set and Blooming Thoughts dies and the second is the Feathered Friends 10 die set. The Blooming Thoughts stamp set is so soft and pretty and not only has some wonderful sentiments included but can be used in many different ways. And the Feathered Friends 10 die set has such great detail to create a realistic bird or create a bird from your imagination.

To create my card I first die cut the stems from the Blooming Thoughts set and stamped them using enchanted evening, spring rain and simply chartreuse ink. Next I die cut all of the pieces for my bird from spring rain card stock and ink blended on some faded jeans, chipped sapphire, spiced marmalade and ripe persimmon destress oxide inks. For my background I die cut the Ornate Cover Plate in soft stone and adhered it to a piece of soft stone card stock for a subtle background.

Once that was done I stamped my sentiment onto a white rectangle, added a horizontal strip of spring rain card stock, added my stems and adhered my die cut blue bird with foam tape. To finish off my card I added a few iridescent sequins.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you’ll pop over to the Papertrey Ink site and check out all of the fantastic new products that were just released!

2 comments:

Luanne said...

Congratulations! Your card is stunning!

Maura said...

Fabulous card !!!