Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Effortless Beauties Card Set - CTD636

Good morning and happy Wednesday! Today I have a card set that I created for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge where the colors are blush pink, dark pink and cream.
Once I saw the colors for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge I pictured the card above in my mind. To create my cards I used the Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper stamp set Effortless Beauties along with the coordinating Effortless Beauties dies. I used the same supplies on both cards.
For my first card, I used the Cover Plate: Vines for the background and used it to die cut white card stock. I stamped all the leaves from the Effortless Beauties set using antique linen distress oxide ink and chocolate chip ink and the smaller bud flowers were stamped in pink passion ink.
To stamp the roses, I first stamped them in my lightest pink, pink pirouette and then using the same solid stamp I rolled the edges of it in pretty in pink ink. After that I inked up the second layer for the rose stamp in pink passion ink and stamped off. Then finally I inked up the same stamp image again in pink passion except I wiped off all the ink on the stamp except for the center of the rose and stamped again. I hope that makes sense, it took a bit longer to stamp each rose but I liked how it gave them some dimension and more color.
For my second card I used the same supplies except I created a horizontal card and instead of used the Vines Cover Plate as it is I cut it apart and used the leafy vines to tuck in around my roses and leaves.
To finish off both of my cards, I used some chunky glitter on all of the roses and added some sparkling clear sequins.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: