Saturday, March 13, 2021

Craft Room Tour

Hello there! Today I’m finally sharing pictures and a video of my former craft room. I say former because two months ago we moved into a new house and I’m in the process of putting together another craft space for myself.

You can click on this link to watch the video tour (if I sound out of breath in the video it’s because this is the third take I tried doing without editing).

The craft room I had was in the basement of our last house and was a cozy retreat that I loved, it wasn’t very big but it suited its purpose. On one side of the room was an L shaped counter space that I did my stamping, scrapbooking and any paper crafting. Across from that on the entry door wall was my computer desk. 
The room was painted in a pale yellow since I was in the basement I wanted something warm and cheerful. I added colorful boxes from the Container Store and baskets from Micheal’s craft store and Hobby Lobby. 

In the picture above you can see the area where I’d sit and create. On the counter top from the left I had a cubby shelf which stored ink pads, wood stamps and deco, next to that I had my ink blending brushes and distress inks in an Organize More holder. In the corner was my tool catty and above that I took an old lamp shade and striped it down and made a mobile out of ribbon die cut flowers and birds.
In the picture above you can see one of the drawers under the cubby shelf which held my re-inkers for ink pads, heat embossing tools and glitter.
In the pictures above and below you can see the area to the right of my work space which held a white desk organizer for pre-cut and scored card bases, white card stock and some basic tools. Next to that I had some red cloth baskets which held my copic makers and 6x6 paper pads and then my big shot die cutter and trimmers. Under that area in the top drawer is where I stored my acrylic blocks, glue dots, mini ink cubes, stamp positioners and tape gun.
Below you can see the ink pad holder for all of my Stampin’ Up ink pads, a small collection of Lawn Fawn cards I created on top and above that I made some wall art using some wood embroidery hoops and some fat squares for quilting. I took one of the smaller hoops with fabric and covered it with buttons in rainbow order using a hot glue gun. 
In the cabinet under my Stampin’ Up ink pad holder, I had two pull out file drawers which held most of my colored card stock.
At the long end of my L shaped counter top and the back of my craft room I had an Ikea unit where I stored some of my scrapbooks, magazines, extra tools, my 12x12 paper and a wire basket full of wood block stamps.
To the right of the door and across from my work area was my computer desk or as I referred to it “command central”. Above my computer I had three square cork boards which held list of almost all of the stamp sets I have and colored inks I have as well as a small calendar. This is where I would type up my blog post and having most of my supplies on list right in front of my face was helpful. 

On the wall to the left of my computer desk I had four magnetic boards where I displayed pictures and a few cards. Under that I had my Cricket die cutting machine and below that on a cart I found at a thrift store I had my printer and silhouette machine.
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you liked seeing a peek at my former craft room. I do miss it, I miss the built in cabinets and counter tops but in my new space I’m on the main floor of the house and have two wonderful windows with a view.

2 comments:

Heather Hill said...

Very nice!

Jeanne said...

Oh gosh, I watched the video before I saw this. How sad you must have been to have to leave this space! But I have faith that you will create and equally wonderful creative space in time. And with windows. Lucky new owner. Hopefully there is a crafter in that family. Thanks again for sharing this lovely space.