Wednesday, September 9, 2020

You’re a Friend like Gnome Other - CTD610

Hello, hello! Today has been a gloomy day and on top of that, I woke up with a terrible migraine headache but now that its afternoon and I’ve had some Motrin, some tea and time to rest I was determined to get my card post for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge.
For my card I used the new Hello Bluebird stamp set, Next Door Gnomes along with the slimline Gallery Frame Die #5. I stamped and die cut all of my images then colored them using Copic markers. Next I used the Gallery Frame Die #5 and die cut it first from white card stock and then from brown card stock for the inner frame. I used a white slimline card base which I covered with a piece of pumpkin pie card stock.
For my background, I used a cloud stencil and blended on some carved pumpkin distress oxide ink then die cut my hills using the Stitched Hillside Borders dies from a piece of mellow moss card stock and blended on some vintage photo distress ink on the hills and also on the birch trees that I die cut using the Birch Tree dies.
I used a few other Hello Bluebird stamp sets to add a fall look to my card including the Fairy Garden set for the smaller mushrooms, the Pumpkin Time set for the pumpkins and leaves, the snail from Garden Friends and the Pig Day set for the little bird.
I stamped my sentiment onto a banner I die cut using the Everyday Sentiment Banners die and adhered all of my images, popping up the three gnomes, the snail and butterfly with foam tape.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: