Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Have Your Cake

Hi there! Today I’m sharing a card I created using the Spellbinders September Large Die of the Month kit. The “Have Your Cake” die set is a super fun set that comes with different sentiments that you can combine in the cake layers and a bunch of dies that you can use to personalize your cake, everything from strawberries, cherries, citrus wedges, frosting and more.  
To create my Have Your Cake birthday card, I started out by die cutting the side and top of the cake slice along with the die cutting the happy birthday sentiment from pretty in pink card stock. Next I used the fun Sprinkles stamp set that comes with this month’s kit and stamped sprinkles on the side piece. Once that was done I die cut the front layered piece, strawberries and candle stripes from real red card stock and the cake layers, frosting and candle from white card stock.

Before assembling my pieces, I blended on some pretty in pink and real red ink along the edges of the cake slice, sentiment and strawberries. Knowing that I was going to pop up my cake slice with foam tape, I cut a piece of white card stock slightly smaller than my cake slice and used it as a base to adhere all of my die cut pieces. For my background, I used the Sprinkles stamp set again on a piece of barely banana card stock with barely banana ink and blended around the edges with some wild honey distress oxide ink then adhered my cake slice and glued on a few sequins.

No comments: