Sunday, November 10, 2019

Have a Novel Birthday

Hello! Good morning! I’m popping in to share a card that I created using the fun My Favorite Things stamp set Our Story. I don’t know about you but I’m an avid reader and once the fall/winter temps get cold I love to snuggle up with a good book, a cup of tea and my cat, so this set definitely speaks to me.
 To create my card, I used the pretty colors from the current Sunday Stamps Challenge and the MFT Our Story stamp set and Our Story dies. I used the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies to die cut a piece of Doodlebug paper for my background and a strip of Perfectly Plaid fall paper. I stamped my sentiment and die cut it using the Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Strips die.   I also used the Outside In Stitched Square Stackables dies to die cut a piece of Knock on Wood paper and Knit Picky paper for my images. I stamped my images and colored them using Copic markers then die cut them out and adhered them to my stitched square, popping up the girl in the chair, the stack of books and the cat with foam tape. I also used foam tape to pop up the stitched square which I adhered to my background.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love this! Well, I so enjoy ALL the cards you make (even if I am not very good at leaving comments to tell you so). I have this stamp set and it hasn't seen ink. It just might now! I actually bought it to make a card for my younger daughter who is a voracious reader. I read a lot, too, but she takes it to another level. Thank you SO much for sharing this and always inspiring with your cards! Crafty hugs!

stampwithamyk said...

That is so cute! Perfect way to use the fall colors, love your image and your sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, Lynn - love this card! What a fabulous set and sentiment, and your gorgeous coloring is just the icing on the cake. Amazing! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Claire Broadwater said...

Lyn, this is ADORABLE!!!!!!! I love this stamp set and the way you used our colors to create this beauty makes me smile! Thank you so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps! XX