Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Merry Christmas - CTD570

Hello there! It’s Wednesday and time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge.
 For my card I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set, Ready, Set, Snow along with the coordinating Ready, Set, Snow dies to create a Christmas card. I used the Outside In Stitched Square Stackables dies to first emboss my card base with the stitched lines and then again to die cut a piece of red striped Doodlebug paper and a strip of Knit Picky Fall paper. Once those two steps were done, I stamped my images, stamping the trees in gray ink, and colored the snowmen and snow globe base using Copic markers. For the top portion of the snow globe, I created a mask and blended on some tumbled glass and peacock feathers distress oxide ink. After that, I heat dried the blended ink with my heat tool and then heat embossed the snowflakes within the snow globe using white embossing powder. I adhered my snow globe to my stitched square and attached the snowmen and stitched square to my card using foam tape. I die cut some snowflakes using the Mini Snowflakes dies and added some glitter to the inside of the snow globe.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Michelle Lupton - November Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: