Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Ready, Set, Snow - CTD562

Hello, hello! I hope your week is going well. It’s Wednesday and time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge.
 Yes I’m jumping ahead with the holidays with a Christmas card for today but when I saw the colors for this week’s challenge, I thought of the Lawn Fawn Ready, Set, Snow stamp set and dies. To create my card, I used the Outside In Stitched Square dies to die cut both a white card stock square and also to die cut a piece of Doodlebug Design dot-stripe paper in blue. I stamped all of my images from the Ready, Set, Snow set and colored them using Copic markers then die cut them out. For my snow-globe, I masked off the bottom portion of the globe and blended on some SU brilliant blue ink. I also used some Lawn Fawn Sparkle Cardstock for the inside bottom of my snow-globe, I stamped the snow-globe onto a strip of the sparkle cardstock and trimmed it to size. I added glitter to the snow covered trees and houses and used a white gel pen to add dots of snow for the background. I popped up the group of houses and the white stitched square I adhered my snow-globe to with foam tape and used the Mini Snowflakes dies and some silver metallic paper to die cut some small snowflakes. I stamped the happy holidays from the Winter Wavy Sayings set onto a white banner that I die cut using the Simple Wavy Banners dies.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: