Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Fairies & Flowers - CTD561

Hello, crafty friends! It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge where we have the pretty colors of purple, light green, teal and ivory to create with.
 For my card, I thought it would be fun to combine a few Hello Bluebird stamp sets to create a flowery fairy birthday card. I started out using the Fairy Garden stamp set ( I adore these sweet fairies) and stamped three of the fairies then colored them with Copic markers. I then used the Fairy Garden dies to die cut them out. Next I used the Wildflower Bouquet stamp set and Wildflower Bouquet dies and stamped out the leaves in mint julep, new leaf and tropical teal and the flowers in lavender lace, orchid opulence, royal velvet and aqua mist. Once I had all of my pieces ready, I used the Outside In Stitched Rectangle dies and die cut a piece of white card stock. I placed a rectangle stencil on top of this piece so that I could blend on some tumbled glass and peacock feathers distress oxide ink to create a soft background for my scene and to anchor all of my pieces. Next I used my Misti tool and the Cheery Greetings stamp set and stamped the celebrate in tropical teal and the it’s your day in black ink. To finish off my card, I used some purple stickles in the center of the purple flowers, some clear Wink of Stella glitter pen on the fairies wings and dresses and glued on some iridescent sequins in my background.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: