Saturday, May 4, 2019

Love in a Jar Shaker Card Kit

 Hello! The sun has decided to make an appearance today which makes me happy since we’ve been having so many rainy days and flooding in our area. I’ve been itching to get out into the garden and do more work. Today I’m sharing another shaker card that I’ve created using the fun Love Jar Kit by Queen & Company. Everything included in this kit is so pretty from the floral stamp set to the coordinating papers and of course the beautiful embellishments and toppings. My favorite part of creating cards using this kit is deciding on what fun toppings to add inside the shaker and it seems like once I start adding embellishments to the flower, the whole card comes alive.
 To create my shaker card, I started out by die cutting a bunch of the stems, flowers and leaves along with the tag using the Love Jar Flowers & Stems dies and then stamped the flowers in harvest gold, lovely lady, hibiscus burst and raspberry fizz ink then stamped the stems in limeade ice. I stamped the rectangle tag with one of the sentiments from the stamp set that comes with the kit and die cut the jar, lid to the jar and yellow scalloped piece for under the lid from papers from the kit. Next I adhered the papers that I chose from the kit to my card base. After that I assembled my shaker, I used my anti-static powder tool all inside the opening where my shaker bits would go and then added some of the clear and pink Pastel Diamonds Toppings, some of the sweet wooden hearts and three of the pink flowers from the kit. Once my shaker bits were added, I adhered the pre-cut acetate and die cut aqua paper to seal it up then added the lid and tied on my tag with the pink bakers twine from the kit. After that, I added my stems and adhered my shaker to my card front then adhered the flowers with foam tape. I used a mix of petite posies and rhinestones in pinks and yellows for the centers of my flowers.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: