Wednesday, May 22, 2019

I Sea it’s your Birthday - CTD544

 Hello! It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge where we have the colors red, aqua and dark blue.
For my card, I used the new Lawn Fawn stamp set Seahorsin’ Around along with the coordinating Seahorsin’ Around dies to create a birthday card. To create my card, I started out with a square card base and then added a piece of red Really Rainbow paper. Next I die cut a circle using the Outside in Stitched Circle Stackables die and some Pacific point card stock and blended on some pacific point ink along the bottom. After that, I used the same circle die and die cut a piece of kraft card stock then die cut it again using the Stitched Hillside Borders die to create a sandy bottom. Once that was done, I blended on some vintage photo distress oxide ink along the edges of my kraft pieces and adhered it to my blue circle. Next I stamped all of my images and colored them using Copic markers then die cut them out. For the mermaid, rock and small seashell, I used the Mermaid for You set along with the coordinating dies and for the party hats, cake and horn I used the Party Animal set with coordinating dies. The balloons were from the Bicycle Built for You set along with the dies. I stamped my sentiment onto a banner I had die cut using the Everyday Sentiment Banners die.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.
Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
 
Cécile Ribon - May Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: