Wednesday, May 8, 2019

You Are Toad-ally Awesome! - CTD542

 Hello Crafty friends! I hope your week is going well. It’s Wednesday and time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge. For this week’s challenge we have the colors aqua, coral, green and kraft.
For my card, I used the Hello Bluebird stamp set Garden Friends along with the Garden Friends dies. I started out by stamping the frog, mushroom, butterfly, snail and one small flower stem from the Garden Friends set and then stamped the ladybug and flower stems (the section to the right of the mushroom) from the Fairy Garden  set and dies. I ended up snipping off the bell shaped flowers on this larger stem/flower imaged and replacing it with a larger flower from the Bee Happy set. I also used the Bee Happy stamp set and dies to stamp the larger flowers and buds. Once everything was stamped, I colored them using Copic markers and die cut them out. I used the Grassy Hillside Borders and some new leaf card stock and then blended on some ripe avocado ink along the edges. For my background, (which looks nothing like the picture. In real life the center is a light blue and the outer edges are a dark peacock color) I blended on some tumbled glass distress ink in the center and then some peacock feathers along the outer edges then watered down some white and black acrylic paint and added some splatters. Once that was dry I adhered my grass and all of the images, popping up the mushroom, frog, snail and ladybug with foam tape. I heat embossed my sentiment onto black card stock using white embossing powder.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.
Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
 
Cécile Ribon - May Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: