Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Pick of the Patch - CTD514

Hello, hello and happy Wednesday! We’ve got a new Color Throwdown Challenge that starts today and we’ve got the perfect colors for creating fall themed cards.
For my card, I used the new Lawn Fawn stamp set Pick of the Patch along with the Pick of the Patch dies. I’m entering my card into the current Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #38 which is Awesome Autumn. To create my card, I stamped a bunch of the images I wanted to use including three of the corn stalks from the Happy Harvest stamp set, then colored them with Copic markers. Next I die cut some chocolate chip cardstock using the Leafy Tree Backdrop Landscape die then I  die cut some Knock on Wood kraft colored paper with the Little Picket Fence die and some yellow Knit Picky paper using the Stitched Hillside Borders die. Once that was done, I using some tumbled glass and stormy sky distress ink for my background and I blended on some wild honey along the top edge of my stitched hill. After that I adhered my images, popping up the two squirrels and the center jack-o-lantern with foam tape. I tried to make it look as though the little squirrel in the middle was popping out of the pumpkin by adding some black pen lines around the lid of the jack-o-lantern.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.


Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen

 Birgit Edblom - October Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

1 comment:

Kim Smart said...

I love your card!! You’ve created a great scene and those squirrels are too cute!!