Monday, October 8, 2018

Koi - Wishing You Love & Peace

 Hello! I hope all of you had a great weekend. Today I’m sharing the card I created for my husband’s birthday which was a few weeks ago.
 I used the Hero Arts stamp set Color Layering Koi along with the Color Layering Koi Frame Cuts to create my card. I knew my husband would love the koi fish images since we have a pond with five different koi. To create my card, I used a white card base, then watercolored a piece of watercolor paper using my Jane Davenport watercolors. Once that was dry, I blended on some crushed olive and peacock feathers distress ink to intensify the watercoloring. Next I stamped the bubbles from the set using the same peacock feathers ink and then lining up my sentiment, I used my Misti tool to stamp it in black palette ink. After that, I die cut and stamped my images in only orange (SU), black, pure poppy (PTI), simply chartreuse, hibiscus burst and raspberry fizz. I adhered all of my images to my card front, popping up the koi fish and the waterlily with foam tape. The last step I did was to add some Glossy Accents to the stamped bubbles and random dots in my background and the eyes of the koi.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Christine Kiehl said...

Wow. What an amazing card!