Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Thinking of You - CTD503

Hello! It’s Wednesday and time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge.
For my card, I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Gran’s Garden to create a thinking of you card. I used a white card base, the Quatrefoil stencil and some basic gray ink to add a little texture to my background. Next I used a scallop rectangle die from the Shakers & Sprinkles kit with white cardstock for my frame. After that, I die cut my flowers and stems and stamped them ink pure poppy, poppy parade (SU), basic gray (SU), simply chartreuse. Before adhering my flowers and stems to my card front, I using the stamp set, Keep It Simple: Thinking of You and stamped my sentiment. To a bit of sparkle, I adhered a few iridescent sequins and added some black glitter to the centers of the flowers.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Kathy Schweinfurth - July’s Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. I love the Gran's Garden set, it is so pretty in red. TFS

karen h said...

Beautiful card! I love the soft stenciling!

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! I love that you also stamped the leaves in gray as well as green. Such a lovely touch.

Julie Forest said...

Hi, Lynn. Absolutely lovely card! This week's color throwdown is a fabulous combination. You've mastered it beautifully. Love the black glitter in the flower centers and the added sparkle from the sequins. The stencil on the background is perfect! So far I haven't participated in the ctd challenge, just following along and looking at all the diverse samples.

StinkerbellSteph said...

Wowza! That beautiful red poppy with the black centers and grey background just ppppppooooooppppppp!