Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Hello My Friend - CTD500

Happy 4th of July to those living in the USA! 
Today is the Color Throwdown’s 500th Challenge and all of us on the design team hope you’ll help us celebrate by playing along! Before I get to my card, I’d like to welcome this month’s Guest Designer, Kathy Schweinfurth
 For my card, I used the Flora & Fauna stamp set Floral Aviary. To make my card, I started out with a white card base, then used a strip of enchanted evening cardstock and repeatedly stamped one of the floral images from the set. Next I die cut a circle of white cardstock and stamped the same floral image and the small bird from the set in black ink and colored them using Copic markers. I stamped a second small bird onto scrap cardstock and fussy cut it out, colored it and adhered it with foam tape. I stamped my sentiment onto a strip of pale pink cardstock and adhered that to my circle and then adhered the whole circle to my card front with foam tape. For a little sparkle, I added some chunky iridescent glitter to the bird and roses and added three sequins to my card base.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Kathy Schweinfurth - July’s Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

Flora and Fauna FLORAL AVIARY Clear Stamp Set 20166

2 comments:

Gerry said...

This is so pretty. Your coloring is amazing. I'm saving this one for future reference

Julie Forest said...

Love this card design! What a fabulous stamp set. I really like the way you've used the floral stamp for a tone on tone background and the circle is full of color! Fabulous!