Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Mermaid in a Bottle - CTD502

Hi there! It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge and we have some dreamy blues and gray colors for everyone to create with.
For my card, I used the sweet Flora and Fauna stamp set Under the Sea and instead of a message in a bottle, I put a mermaid in a bottle. To create my card, I started out with a white card base, then added some brilliant blue cardstock. Next I die cut a piece of white cardstock using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables and blended on some tumbled glass distress ink along the bottom. After I did that, I stamped the wave image from the set in broken china distress oxide ink and one seaweed image then I stamped three of the seaweed images in blueprint sketch distress ink. Then I stamped the bottle from the Owl Always Love You set and the mermaid and sentiment all at the same time using my Misti tool. After that I did some water droplets and watered down white acrylic paint splatters along the bottom and once they were dry I stamped my fish. I colored my images using Copic markers  then added my colored panel to my card base with foam tape. I added some iridescent Stickles to the mermaid and bubbles along the bottom for some sparkle.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Kathy Schweinfurth - July’s Guest Designer

MISTI PRECISION STAMPER Stamping Tool Kit


No comments: