Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tag I'm It!

I've been tagged by Laura from Tinx Magic and I thought I would give it a go!
Here are the rules:

1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here are my seven facts about myself:
1. I can't stand the question that I hear every day "What are we having for dinner". I'm not really into cooking, I do it because I know that we all need to eat, but I find it very unrewarding. All of the grocery shopping, loading in and out, putting it all away and then coming up with something that everyone will eat only to cook it and have to clean it all up, yeah right not my idea of fun!
2. I think I'm a little OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), it bothers me if things aren't lined up or somethings off or not right. I will tear a whole card apart after everything is taped down if I thing somethings off. Once I went into a doctors office and was waiting in the seating area and as soon as no one was looking I had to straighten all of the magazines on the table and pick up. I know now you really think I'm crazy!
3. I sold one of our cats at a garage sale, yes maybe this makes me a horrible person but he obviously wasn't happy here, he kept peeing on everything, lol!
4. My favorite flowers are roses and sunflowers.
5. It takes me forever to create a card or scrapbook layout (even an easy one) you can ask any of my friends that stamp or scrap with me, I think its almost painful for them to watch me work, I can see it in their eyes.
6. I'd love to create my own line of rubber stamps if I'd ever put my mind to it. I used to draw or paint everyday years ago and now stamping is my creative outlet.
7. I hate the fact that a month from this coming Wednesday I will be turning the big 40! yuck!

Now seven random bloggers I've chosen:
Dawn ~ Dawn's Special Creations
Tina ~ Wooded Views
Charly ~ Charly's Crazy Corner
Dani ~ Dani Gets Crafty
Laurel ~ Want2Scrap
Kelly ~ Crafting Creatively
Stephanie ~ Stephanie's Stampin' Spot

To all of the ladies I've passed this tag onto, please don't feel obligated to play but it would be fun to get to know more about you.
Thanks

14 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Lynn, I'm cracking up over these facts about you ... you and I have #1, #2, and #5 in common!

About #7 ... welcome to the club! It's all downhill from here! LOL!

Hugs~
Nancy

Lorraine said...

I think that it is so funny that you sold your cat at a garage sale. gotta love it! lol

Dani said...

LOL! Too funny.
I'm totally with you on #1! :)
My 7 will be up in the morning.
Gotta love scheduled posts. ;)

Sue said...

Lynn,
I am a recent subscriber to your blog and enjoy it very much. Though I am a little more than a decade older than you, your "OCD" is a pretty good discription of my quirks too! (not that they are a bad thing!)LOL I am also glad to hear that I am not the only SLOW crafter. The perfectionist in us tends to be a hinderance at times, but the final product is usally worth the wait. Thanks for your inspiration.
Sue Harman

Kelly Schelske said...

Fab facts Lynn, thank you for tagging me...I will definitely get that posted thsi week...hopefully tomorrow when I'm not running around like a crazy woman!! No school for ym daughter tomorrow, so hopefulyy I'm going in a 100 different directions!!

Danni said...

Love learning more about you. I can relate to number 5 for sure.
So your bday is the 22nd??

Kim said...

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who it takes FOREVER to put together a card or scrapbook page! I swear I can only make 2 things in one day b/c I over analyze EVERYTHING!
Hugs~ Kim

Deb Wood said...

You are so funny and I find myself saying yep me too!! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag Lynn. PS: I tagged you back for an award on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I got a good chuckle out of reading your 7 facts, especially the story about selling your cat at a garage sale. Don't worry about turning 40. Age is like your dress size, it's a number you wear on the inside that no one can see. If you don't tell, not many people will know.

Jackie Pedro said...

40's not so bad!!! I usually take forever to make a card, too!

Jeni said...

You sold your cat at a garage sale???!!! Bwah ha ha! That is HILARIOUS!!!! Can't wait to see you this Sunday!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Oh My Gosh! I thought I was reading my own quirks here.

1)I actually don't mind cooking but I hate cleaning up afterward. So I ask my hubby to do it and he asks why does he have to. And I explain that I plan the meals and make the grocery list and do the shopping and load everything in the car to get home and unload everything and put it away, then take it all back out again to make the meals so the least he can do is put the dishes in the dishwaher and wipe down the counter.

2) I'm also quite OCD. (Among other things) I have a stapler on my desk at work that must be in a certain spot. When I'm not in the office, my co-worker moves it just because she knows it drives me nuts.

3) I wish I had the nerve to get rid of one of my cats. She's also a pee-er.

5) I have taken years to complete a sb page. I am so particular about things being just so. I usually get hung up on the embellishments. So I put it aside until I figure out what I want to do to finish it then never do.

It's good to know I'm not alone!

Anonymous said...

I gotta say, I hate cooking to (amen to everything you said!), it takes me forever to do a project too, and the cat sold at the garage sale definitely made me laugh!!

Cindy