Monday, August 29, 2022

Sea Friend

Hello there, crafty friends! Today I’m featuring the adorable new Hello Bluebird Sea Friends stamp set and dies from the August release. This set is darling! The mermaids alone are illustrated so perfectly and the accent characters make it so fun to create a scene.
I initially set out to use only one of the mermaids from the Sea Friends set but then changed my mind when I decided to use the Ocean Floor Slimline Scene die. I wanted a bright colorful ocean scene so I stamped my images, used the Sea Friends dies and die cut them out, then colored them using copic markers in bright colors. For a bit of sparkle, I used some chunky iridescent glitter on the mermaids tails and used some glossy accents on the bubbles and the eyes on the crab.
A fun thing about using the Ocean Floor Slimline Scene die is that you can use all of the pieces after you die cut it out or just some like I did. I used the die and die cut it from white card stock then blended on some antique linen and brushed corduroy distress oxide ink on the sand portion and then flicked on some watered down vintage photo distress ink. For the boulders I blended them with pumice stone and hickory smoke and for my background I used tumbled glass and salty ocean. For the pieces of seaweed and coral I used my copic markers to add color to them.
Once I was done blending my background I stamped my sentiment and a few fish from the Sea Sentiments set then added all of my images popping up the mermaids with foam tape.

No comments: