Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Market Cart - CTD683

Hello! It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge where we have some great new colors to creates with! We hope you’ll take the time to play along.
Some weeks when I’m creating my card for the Color Throwdown Challenge I use not only the colors but the inspiration photo as well, but this week since I was so exited to use my new Market Cart dies and Squeeze The Day sentiment set and dies from the latest Honey Bee Stamps release, I couldn’t resist and just went for using the challenge colors and adding in some neutrals like the browns and black.
I’ve been on such a kick for stamping and coloring images to create a card that die cutting and doing more paper crafting using the Market Cart dies was a break from that and a ton of fun. I started out by die cutting the cart from white card stock and the push handle and leg of the cart from black card stock. Next I die cut two of the awing pieces, one from white card stock and the other black and using the score lines I cut the black one and glued on the pieces to create a striped awning.
After that, I used some silver metallic paper and black card stock and cut and glued the wheel and also the middle scalloped piece of the cart. Once that was done I die cut the pots, flowers and greenery. 

Once all of my pieces were die cut, including the grass, I blended on some distress oxide inks to give dimension. I used lucky clover for the grass and greenery, vintage photo on the clay pots and walnut stain on the wooden display shelves for the pots. I also used a few copic markers on the flowers to highlight the detail in the die cut pieces. For my background I used a piece of gray gingham paper and then popped up the whole cart and the front flower pot using foam tape. To finish off my card, I used the new Squeeze the Day sentiment set and dies (I love that they have dies for their sentiments) and added it to the front of my cart.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

1 comment:

ElizStewart said...

Absolutely fabulous card! Seems to just shout spring to me!