Wednesday, August 18, 2021

S’more the Merrier - CTD656

Hi there! It’s Wednesday and time for a brand new Color Throwdown Challenge! This week we have the colors red, yellow and blue to create with.
For my card I used the fun new S’more the Merrier Lawn Fawn stamp set and S’more the Merrier dies to create a slimline birthday card. To create my card, I started out by stamping a bunch of the images from the set and then die cutting them out. Next I colored them using copic markers and die cut my card base using the Small Slimline with Lift the Flaps die.
For the background on my slimline card base, I used some mustard seed and ripe persimmon destress oxide ink right in the center where I wanted the glow of my fire. Next I used some salty ocean and chipped sapphire oxide ink and carefully blended around the yellow ink I already had blended. (I say carefully because I had to do this twice because I wasn’t careful) Yellow and blue mixed together makes green so you don’t want to go to close to the yellow already on your card base. Once my ink was dry, I heat embossed my sentiment in white and used the Stitched Hillside Borders die and black card stock to die cut the ground for my images. The little trees in the background are from the Happy Trails stamp set and dies.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.


No comments: