Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Toucan Do It - CTD651

Hello, crafty friends! It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge where we have some fantastic colors to create with!
I’m excited to share a fun card I create with the new Lawn Fawn stamp set Toucan Do It along with the coordinating Toucan Do It dies. I was inspired by the tropical leaves on the outfit of the inspiration photo for this week’s CTD challenge and decided to make it work. 

To create my card, I stamped a bunch of the images from the Toucan Do It stamp set using my Misti tool, die cut them out and colored them using copic markers. I also used the tall grass images from the Gleeful Gardens stamp set and dies. Once that was done, I worked on my background scene. I die cut a piece of white card stock using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle dies and then blended on some distress oxide inks starting with the lightest at the top, salty ocean, faded jeans and chipped sapphire along the bottom. Once my blending was done I used a paint brush and splattered droplets of water onto my ink blended panel and blotted them with paper towel. Using my Misti tool again I stamped just a portion of the sentiment from the Toucan Do It set (the Have a Wild) and then used the Happy, Happy, Happy stamp set to heat emboss the word Birthday onto black card stock.
Next I used the Grassy Hillside Border dies and die cut two pieces, one in new leaf card stock and another using hawaiian shores card stock. On the new leaf die cut piece I blended on some lucky clover distress ink and on the hawaiian shores piece I blended on some peacock feathers ink. Once that was done I used the new Tropical Vine Borders die which I die cut from new leaf card stock and glued it along the top of my panel then started adding all of my images, popping up the two leopards and toucans with foam tape.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: