Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Spring Blossoms Birthday Cards - CTD630

Hello there! I’m popping in with two cards that I created for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge. We have the pretty colors of blush, moss green and gold/yellow to create with this week. I’m also entering my cards into the Papertrey Ink Create a Birthday Card Challenge.
Both of the cards I created use most of the same supplies, I used the Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper stamp set Blossoming Branches along with the Blossoming Branches dies. I also used the Feathered Friends Mini 1 stamp set and dies as well as the Boutique Borders: Birthday stamp set for the sentiments.
On my first card, I used the Mix & Mat: Scallops die and die cut it twice from white card stock once with the inside lace panel and once without and then glued them together. I die cut a bunch of the flowers and branches from the Blossoming Branches set and stamped the flowers in blush blossom and calypso ink, the branches in chocolate chip ink and the leaves in spring moss and simply chartreuse ink. 

The bird was stamped in yoyo yellow, basic gray and pumpkin pie ink. I stamped my sentiment onto a white die cut banner and added that along the white scalloped panel, adhered my stamped images popping up four of the flowers and the bird with foam tape. For my background I used a scrap piece of yellow polk dot paper along with some spring moss striped paper and a strip of Doodlebug Design paper.
For my second card I used all of the same supplies as my first except I used a postage stamp rectangle die to die cut a piece of white card stock for all of my images and sentiment and my layout is different. On both cards I popped up the white die cut panels with foam tape and I added some clear green and small pink sequins.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

3 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Just beautiful cards Lynn. What a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday! (And I speak as someone who can never resist a bird stamp!!) Vicky x

Carmela said...

Lovely cards!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Such sweet, enchantingly pretty designs. We just crawled out from an arctic cold snap that lasted for almost three weeks and I am beyond ready to see a landscape filled with soft, warm spring hues like this again.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life