Wednesday, February 3, 2021

A Little Sparkle - CTD628

Hello hello! I’m hostess over on the Color Throwdown blog for this week’s challenge and I’ve chosen the pastel colors of pink, lavender, yellow and mint green to create with. I hope you’ll play along!
For my card I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set A Little Sparkle along with the coordinating dies to create a birthday card. I started out by stamping and die cutting all of my images then colored them using copic markers. Next I used the Outside In Stitched Rectangle dies with a piece of pink gingham paper and used a smaller rectangle to die cut a white rectangle. On the smaller white rectangle I used the Cloudy Stencil and scattered straw and mustard seed distress oxide inks to blend my sky.

After that I used the Puffy Cloud Borders dies and die cut my clouds for along the bottom of my card. I used my Misti tool to stamp my sentiment and the little yellow stars on my background as well as the word birthday along the bottom. The happy birthday sentiment was from the Happy, Happy, Happy stamp set and dies. I used foam tape to adhere the unicorn, fairies and top layer of clouds and added tiny yellow gems in the centers of three of the stars in my background. I added some Wink of Stella glitter pen to all of my images as well as the edges of the clouds.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

2 comments:

Becky said...

So Cute! love the images and clouds.

Liz Williams said...

So little girl is going to love this card! Love the puffy clouds too!