Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Wishing You a Pawsome Day - CTD533

Good day to you! Over on the Color Throwdown blog we have a brand new challenge that starts today with the colors of gray, purple, lavender and kraft. We hope you jump in and play along! Before I get to my card, I’d like to welcome our guest designer for this month, Kelly Schirmer.
For my card, I used the Lawn Fawn stamp set Meow You Doin’ along with the Meow You Doin’ dies to create a birthday card. I’m in low supply of birthday cards so I’m going to try and build up my stash so I’ll have some on hand. The layout for my card is one I’ve used before and I think works perfect for a semi clean and simple look with the emphasis on the cute images.

To create my card, I stamped my images first and colored them with Copic markers, sticking with the colors from the challenge, then die cut them out. I used the Happy Birthday Line Border die and die cut a piece of lavender lace cardstock. Next I used a piece of lavender striped Really Rainbow paper and cut a strip for the top and bottom portion of my card and even though it’s hard to see from my washed out pictures, I used a piece of lavender Got A Have Gingham in the middle. After that I attached my images popping up the two gray cats and the can of cat food with foam tape.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.
Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Kelly Schirmer - March Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: