Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Just because - CTD499

Hello! It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge! This week we have the pretty colors of blue, yellow and green to create with.

For my card, I used a combination of Flora and Fauna stamp sets along with the masking technique to create a thinking of you card. The great thing about Flora and Fauna stamp sets is the fact that so many of their sets work fantastic together. The first thing I did to create my card was to die cut a stitched square to stamp my images onto. Next I stamped the jar from the Butterfly Jar set in black ink once on to my stitched square and another time on to scrap paper. I cut the one from scrap paper out and added some temporary adhesive onto the back and lined it up over the jar I stamped on my stitched square. After I had my jar mask in place, I stamped the watercolor looking image from the Texture Four set in brocade ink to ground my jar image then stamped my sentiment from the Butterfly Jar set just under the jar. Next I stamped my top two floral images which were from the Butterfly Jar set, then masked those over and stamped in new leaf ink a stem image from the Oh Hello set and to the right of the jar another stem image from the Aviary Love set. After those images were stamped, I colored them with Copic markers and removed the mask from my jar and stamped the medium sized butterfly in brocade ink inside the jar and the small butterfly onto a piece of white cardstock. I colored both butterflies using my Copics then cut out the smaller butterfly and glued it over the larger one to add some dimension to the image. I used a piece of blue Doodlebug design paper on a square card base and added foam tape to my stitched square with my stamped images and added  that on top. As a final touch, I added some yellow Stickles glitter to the layered butterflies.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.




No comments: