Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Thinking of You - CTD486

Good morning!  It’s Wednesday and time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge. Our colors for this week’s challenge are peach, pink and apricot with a lovely inspiration photo.
After looking at the inspiration photo and seeing all of the beautiful blooms, I thought the Altenew Floral Fantasy stamp set would be perfect to use. I started out with a white card base, then used the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies to die cut a piece of white cardstock which I blended on some tattered rose distress ink. Next I used my Mist tool along with the Altenew stamp set Painted Greetings to stamp my sentiment. After that, I used the Floral Fantasy dies and die cut my roses and leaves. For the largest rose, I used the Stamping’ Up pretty in pink and regal rose with the first layer stamped off. For the  other two roses I used blush blossom (SU) & melon berry (PTI) and apricot appeal & pumpkin pie along with kraft ink for the leaves. I really want to order some of the Altenew inks because I’ve heard such good things about them and they have fantastic colors. Once my images were stamped, I adhered them to my card front, popping up the large pink rose with foam tape and then added some Sparkling Clear Pretty Pink Posh sequins.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Cheiron Brandon - March Guest Designer


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.


Altenew - Clear Acrylic Stamps - Floral Fantasy

Altenew - Dies - Floral Fantasy

Altenew - Clear Acrylic Stamps - Painted Greetings



MISTI Stamping Tool - The Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented

2 comments:

AndreaH said...

Beautiful catd and the colours are gorgeous. TFS. xxx

Kelly S. said...

This card is soooo gorgeous! I just love the colors together and this bold rose set is perfect with them!