Wednesday, March 14, 2018

I’m a Lucky Duck - CTD484

Hello there! It seems like forever since I’ve posted. I was down with the flu along with my husband and our youngest son and it was God awful. Last year I got the flu shot and this year I kept putting it off and bam, next thing I know I was sick. And I mean REALLY sick. But, I’m back, still tired but better.  
Today starts a new Color Throwdown Challenge and what better colors than to go with the GREEN since this Saturday is St. Patricks Day.
 For my card, I used the adorable new Lawn Fawn Stamp set Rub-A-Dub-Dub along with the coordinating Rub-A-Dub-Dub dies to make my mom a St. Patricks Day card. I started out with a white card base, then added a panel of new leaf that I die cut using the Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies. Using the same rectangle dies and a scrap piece of paper that I die cut using the Puffy Cloud Borders, I die cut a white rectangle and then using some tumbled glass distress ink, I blended on some clouds for my background. Next I die cut a piece of green Doodlebug gingham paper using the Grassy Hillside Border die and added that to the bottom. After that, I stamped my images (the four leaf clover is from the Holiday Party Animal set) and colored them with Copic markers, then die cut them out and added them to my scene, popping up the center two ducks. For my sentiment, I stamped the first portion onto a die cut banner and stamped the second portion on the green panel under my scene.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Cheiron Brandon - March Guest Designer

No comments: