Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Hello/Spellbinders - CTD485

Hello there, crafty friends!  It’s Wednesday and time for a new Color Throwdown Challenge. This week’s colors, peach, black and white were a bit challenging for me because peach is not usually a color I go to when creating, but that’s what the Color Throwdown is all about, trying different color combinations to get you out of the same old rut.
 I made two cards using the colors for this week’s challenge, one square card and one A2 sized card.  I used the flower and leaf dies from the new Spellbinders Die D-Lites Lady Bug Garden set.  For my first card pictured above, I started out with a white card base which I embossed using a Classic Scalloped Rectangle die and then corner rounded the bottom two corners of my card.  I added a strip of My Mind's Eye Market Street designer paper along the top which is black with peach polka dots and a thinner strip of My Favorite Things striped designer paper. Next I die cut a white oval using the Classic Ovals die and Classic Scalloped Oval die from melon berry cardstock and stamped my hello sentiment from the Papertrey Ink stamp set Penned Elegance. After that I used the Lady Bug Garden flower and leaf dies and die cut them from melon berry and berry sorbet cardstock and the leaves from black cardstock. I adhered my die cut oval with scalloped mat to the front of my card using foam tape and added my flowers, popping up the berry sorbet center flower with more foam tape.  I stamped the rest of my sentiment from the Papertrey Ink Keep It Simple:Thinking of You set onto a white banner and added that underneath my die cut oval and added black rhinestones to the centers of the flowers and around the flowers.
 My second card was created with the exact same supplies except I used a Standard Circle die and Standard Circle Scalloped mat for my sentiment and I heat embossed the Thinking of You with white embossing powder.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams' blog links below OR you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and you can see all the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Wanda Cullen
Cheiron Brandon - March Guest Designer

1 comment:

Nora Noll said...

Your cards are so beautiful!! I LOVE the colors that you use and your layering is perfection!!