Saturday, October 17, 2015

YOU!

 Hello, crafty friends!  Today I have two cards that I created for a few different challenges.  For my first card I used the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge #272 for my layout and I wanted to participate in the Virginia's View Challenge #19 All Things Colored so I did some watercoloring on this card.
For both cards I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set All About You which is a set I haven't pulled out and used in a long time which is a shame because it's a great set.  
For this card, I used a piece of watercolor paper and clear embossed the flowers and centers from the set, then used some picked raspberry, wild honey and spiced marmalade distress ink to watercolor the flowers and centers.  Then for the background, I watercolored in a little watered down hawaiian shores ink.  Once that was starting to dry but still damp I stamped off the leaves using more hawaiian shores ink and stamped them on my background.  I wanted the leaves to have a soft look, not a bold stamped look.  I used some summer sun ink to stamp my YOU on a strip of white card stock along with the happy birthday sentiment and adhered it to the from of my card.

 For my next card, I used the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge for my layout and for both cards my inspiration was the CASology Challenge #168 which is all about YOU.
For this card I used a piece of white card stock and randomly stamped the flower image in black ink, and then used four different ink colors, hawaiian shores, limeade ice, raspberry fizz and summer sun to stamped the centers.  Then on a separate piece of white card stock, I stamped the YOU in three of the same colors and added the small flower from the set in the center of the middle YOU.  To balance my card, I heat embossed the sentiment on a strip of black card stock and added that to the lower portion of my card.

That's it for me today, I'll be back tomorrow with my Sweet Sunday Sketch card.

Pin It

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Those background flowers are beautiful! Love both of your cards! So glad you shared one at PPA!

Mandy LaCroix said...

These are both so well done! LOVE your colors! Bravo!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS colors, Lynn! Love the design. Thanks for including PPA sketch challenge in your stamping fun this week. Hope to see you play along with us often...

Ardyth said...

Fun colours and great techniques - I love to see people show similar cards but done differently - it reminds me of how versatile our supplies can be! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Lynn!

Unknown said...

I love these colors and the soft aqua background. The watercolor petals and everything! I can't say enough. So glad you shared with us at Pals Paper Arts.

Leigh Penner said...

These are gorgeous, Lynn! I love the colours you used! Fabulous takes on the sketches!

Susan Itell said...

What a fun card and the colors are over the top! Many thanks for playing this week with the PPA Challenge