Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Happy Birthday

 Hi there!  I'm popping in today to share a card that I created using the colors from The Card Concept Challenge #42.
 I'm always in need of more birthday cards either to sell or to give so I used the colors and the roses from the inspiration photo as my guide along with the Papertrey Ink stamp set Graceful Greetings.  I started out with a espresso card base, then a panel of scarlet jewel and then my top panel of cream.  Using the cream colored card stock as my top panel gives this card almost an antique look about it.  I stamped my birthday sentiment in espresso, then cut a strip of scrap and masked out the stamped sentiment.  Once I had my mask in place, I randomly stamped the roses, flowers and stems in scarlet jewel, simply chartreuse, regal rose and pretty in pink.  To finish off my card, I die cut and stamped three roses and two stems and added them at the end of the sentiment and top left corner.  I also added tiny pearls scattered throughout the flowers.


Pin It

6 comments:

sandie said...

Such pretty stamping Lynn. And I really like how you popped up one flower above and below the sentiment. Thanks for joining TCC

Lin said...

What a pretty use of these colors, Lynn! Love your card!

AB. said...

Beautiful card! The masking looks fantastic! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept this week. :)

Debbie said...

This is lovely! Your randomly stamped flowers look so wonderfully "random" :-) I always struggle with that. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVELY!! Classic design. Thanks for linking up to The Card Concept Challenge:)

Kerin said...

Very pretty! I love that some of your flowers are popped up. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)