Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Happy Birthday

 Hello there!  Today I'm sharing a card that I created for two different challenges, one is the Just Add Ink Challenge #282 with it's pretty color combo and the second is CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #143.  
For my card I used the Papertrey Ink stamp sets, Just Smile (for the flowers & leaves) and Embellished Elegance (for the happy w/coordinating die and birthday).  I used the colors, raspberry fizz, melon mambo, pretty in pink and going gray and randomly stamped the top quarter of a piece of watercolor paper with the different flowers and the leaves.  Next I die cut two of the happy die from basic gray card stock and stamped one with the coordinating stamp, then glued the two together for some added thickness to the die cut piece and then added it to the front of my card.  
 You can see in the pictures below that I added pale pink iridescent sequins throughout the stamped flowers, it looks prettier in real life.
Hope your week is going well!

Pin It

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Lynn! What fabulous stamping! I love your take on the sketch!

Nikki Spencer said...

Lynn your pretty floral background is just gorgeous! Beautiful use of the Just Add Ink inspiration. Thanks for joining us this week.

Christine Blain said...

Lynn, this is beautiful! I love the textured look of stamping on watercolour paper, and really love that the top section of the card is 'busy', and the bottom is all white space. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Happy card. Great stamping. Chantell JAI

Tina said...

What a sweet card! The scattering of flowers is so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.