Sunday, May 8, 2011

SSSC116 - Birthday Buttons

 Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!  I'm going to keep this post short and sweet (it's Saturday night right now) since I've been gardening all day, pulling weeds, planting and adding mulch and every muscle in my body is crying out for some Motrin.  It was nice spending some time in the garden today even though I'm tired, it's a good tired.
It's time for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #116.  I decided to flip Karen's sketch and use the Papertrey Ink stamp set Button Boutique along with the coordinating dies and Doily Details die.  The card base is Night of Navy with a panel of Not Quite Navy along with some My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose designer paper.
To play along create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen’s blog The Sweetest Thing and link your card so we can all see your creation! 
Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this week’s sketch!

Karen Motz: Paper Playhouse
Sarah-Jane Kale': Janeybell
Vicki Burdick: It's a Stamp Thing
Karen Giron: The Sweetest Thing

I hope all of you enjoy Mother's Day today and spend it with your Mom, your kids and the special women in your life.  Thank you for your visit!

10 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

OK, you and Dana both rotated this sketch and I'm LOVING it like this!! But besides that - this entire card is right up my alley!! Everything is fabulous! All the elements come together perfectly! Seriously - LOVE this!!

Jenny said...

Fabulous card. I love your colour combination. Jenny B

Vicki Stys said...

Beautiful job, as always, Lynn! Love all the elements you put on this card and you know I adore that dsp!!!

Hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day, too!!

Dawn Easton said...

Lynn, this is beautiful! LOVE your paper choices! MME is a fave of mine for sure!! Reach for it whenever I can.

Glad you were able to get out and do some work in your gardens. I need to do to that next weekend, if it's not raining....lol

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Pure Perfection Lynn!!! Love everything about this, that doily die is fabulous!!

Karen Giron said...

I think I like this sketch better flipped over! Dang! haha! LOVE everything about this Lynn, it's just gorgeous!

Danni said...

Fabulous card!! Enjoy your day!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Lynn! Happy Mother's Day! Love your card for this challenge...I am in the craft room today and maybe I'll have to join in! Lovely color choices and the doily is great!

LeAnne said...

Love this--have this set, have this paper, haven't had a chance to play with either of them too much! GREAT creation!

Dana White said...

This is really sweet - I love the die background