Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop/SSC12 - You Make Me Smile

Happy Wednesday!  We've made it half way through the week! 
The card I have for today is for the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop and for the Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #12.  The challenge for this month's PTI Blog Hop was to create a card or project using flowers.  I wanted to create a card that would be bright and cheerful as well as have a flower on it so I used some Cosmo Cricket DeLovely designer paper, pulled out my PTI Signature Greetings stamp set and Beautiful Blooms flower die and had some fun.  Iwona's Sketchbook Saturday sketch actually has the circle for the sentiment to the right side of the card but as I was putting my card together I felt it looked better to the left.  It may be difficult to see from the photo but for the flower I actually die cut four of the same flowers, folded them in half and layered them together, then added smaller die cut flower and button with thread.

I'm so glad you stopped by!

22 comments:

Elena said...

gorgeous card! Love the ribbon :)

Marisa said...

Wonderful bright card. Love the sheer ribbon behind the flower.

Sue Lelli said...

Lynn, Your card makes me smile! LOVE the pink and yellow! LOVE the papers and the stitching! FAB flower and bow!

Jen Carter said...

This is so pretty! I really love the colors!

Renee said...

Beautiful!
Love those bright cheery colors!

Leigh Penner said...

I love your gorgeous card! Great colours and design!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Love the pink and yellow! And such a pretty flower!

Margaret M said...

This card is great! I love the pinks and yellow. Neat idea for the flower!

Maureen said...

just delicious!! I love pink and yellow :)

Lisa Elton said...

Lynn your card made me smile...so pretty fresh and bright!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Lovely Lynn, fab colors, fun card!!

Karen H. said...

Love this! Such a cheery color combo!

Vicki Stys said...

This is so pretty, Lynn! Love the stitching, the dp and your beautiful flower and bow! And we need some bright colors to cheer us up from all this rain we're having! Great job!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Pretty colors together!!! Makes me feel sunny and happy! I like it a lot!
Hugs, Wendy

Becky Carafa said...

So bright and cheery!

DF said...

Beautiful colours, what a cheery card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Lynn, this card just makes me smile! It's so happy and bright! I love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a pretty card, so sunny and makes me smile.

Kristii said...

What a pretty card!!! Love all the details and the ribbon is perfect!

Terri said...

Very nice! Love the colors!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Yay Lynn, I'm so glad you played with my sketch, and you made a truly gorgeous card! I love the colours and the luscious organza bow!

Dawn Easton said...

LOVE this, Lynn! Those colours are perfect! That PTI flower is beautiful too! One of my most fave shapes!!