Monday, June 23, 2008

4th of July

Can you believe that next week is the fourth of July? for some reason I thought I had another week (other than this one) before the month of June was over. Why does time seem to go by so much faster the older you get? As a kid it felt like the summer would last forever, now as an adult the seasons feel like there flying by.

This Biker Bee image is a stamp that I purchased from my last trip to Hobby Lobby, I couldn't resist buying it especially after see my friend Dawn's card using this cute little bee, besides all of their stamps were 40% off so I got this one and a few others. Its hard to tell from the photo but I used my Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug embossing folder on the red panel and my Spica glitter pen on the bee's wings and antennas. This was a fun card to make and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

Supplies: Biker Bee - Stampendous, Sparkle - Warm Words - SU, Doodlebug designer paper, Distressed Stripes embossing folder, Square Nestabilities, Copic markers, Spica glitter pen, Large and small oval punches, Striped ribbon, Pop dots (for main image). Colors: Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Whisper White.


9 comments:

Stacy said...

Cute bee! Your card is very fun!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Lynn.

Deb Wood said...

I need a Hobby Lobby so bad!! This is adorable and I love the one BBQ'ing too. Your card is just too adorable, fab coloring and love the paper!!

Tina said...

So pretty and such a great image.

Janneke said...

Beautiful ;-)
Great Image

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

adorable!! I picked a couple up from Hobby Lobby last time I was there, but they didn't have this one. Hope I can make it there again when stamps are on sale.

jeany said...

Fantastic !!!!!
I adore the stamp :):):)
Great coloring as always :)

Jena said...

Fun card - LOVE that little bug ;-) I cannot believe next weekend is the 4th - where oh where has this summer gone - yikes! TFS!

Jamie Martin said...

Super cute card! Great layout :)