Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Primrose Garden - CTD787

Hello! Long time no see. I haven’t blogged since January but I have still been creating and sharing over on my Instagram account which you can see here

 Today I’m jumping in to share my card for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge #787 where we’ve got some cool aqua and green colors to create with.
Ever since I saw the new Primrose Garden Bundle from Concord & 9th with the bold flower dies and the coordinating sentiment stamp set, I knew I need it. I’ve made a handful of cards using it so far and I absolutely love it! 
To create my card, I started out by die cutting the outline base for the flowers and leaves from always artichoke (SU) card stock and adhering it to a white card base.

 Next I die cut the large center flower and matching bud from cool caribbean (SU) and ink blended the center with peacock feathers distress oxide ink and added the black die cut center. For the leaves, I die cut them from old olive and lucky limeade and ink blended on some lucky clover and peeled paint distress oxide ink. the small cluster of flowers were die cut from taken with teal card stock and the medium sized flowers from white card stock and ink blended with tumbled glass. The berries were die cut from limeade ice (PTI) card stock and ink blended with some mowed lawn distress oxide ink. Once I assembled all of my die cut pieces, I die cut and stamped my banner and added some turquoise gems to the white flower centers and some tiny clear gems to the teal ones.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

Lynn




1 comment:

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is SO Gorgeous I shared it to my crafty group "shouting" to them how lovely!!!!

.....and was so INSPIRED I have to play along!
Thank you for helping me get my crafty MOJO back! Sometimes its a real struggle for me, and cards like this ABSOLUTE beauty pushes me to create, thank you for sharing your creativity!

Means a lot!
Have a lovely weekend.
-Kimberly