Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Valentine Mug - CTD728

Hello there, happy February first! I’m hostess for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge and I chose some colors that I thought would be fun to create with with Valentine’s Day coming up.
Using this week’s colors I create two cards with new dies from Pretty Pink Posh, I used the Winter Mug die set along with the Valentine Mug additions dies and the Large Love Shadow die. These were such fun die sets to create with, the add-ons and little details really help make the cards!
For my first card I die cut the mug from some pretty in pink card stock and used some worn lipstick distress oxide ink around the edges of the mug to give it some dimension. Next I die cut the inside of the mug from kraft card stock and blended on some ground espresso distress ink and then added the whip and die cut cherry along with the stir stick. The spoon was die cut from sliver metallic card stock and I die cut the Large Love Shadow die from red and with card stock and glued them together. I die cut the strawberries a light red card stock and then blended on some darker red ink along the edges and I used some lucky clover distress ink on the stems and then added the chocolate with the hearts and swirls. For my background I used the Outside In Stitched Rectangle dies and die cut a white rectangle and a larger one from Echo Park dots & stripes paper.
For my second card, I used most of the same supplies to create a horizontal card except I used the chocolates and rose from the Valentine Mug Additions die set. I also used the heart die from the set to add to the mug and used some Doodlebug red gingham paper for my background along with using the mix & mat: scallops die.
I hope you like the Valentine cards I’m sharing today, I’ll be back to share two more cards using these fun new Pretty Pink Posh dies tomorrow.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

No comments: