Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Skating by to say hi - CTD679

Hello there! It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge where we have the colors blue, green and gold.
For my card I used the Hello Bluebird stamp set, Winter Skate to create a slimline thinking of you card. I stamped, then die cut using the coordinating dies, then colored the images using copic markers. 

I used the Small Slimline with Lift the Flaps dies to die cut two pieces of white card stock then blended on some tumbled glass distress oxide ink along the top and bottom of the piece then added some cracked pistachio ink along the bottom blending it in with the tumbled glass. I used the second die cut slimline piece and trimmed it with scissors to create my snowy ground around the skating pond, then stamped my sentiment along the bottom of the whole piece. I stamped some snowflakes and the swirl on the skating pond using tumbled glass distress ink and then added all of my images popping up all but the squirrel in the back with foam tape.
I matted my scene with yellow card stock and spring rain polka dot paper then added it to a white card front. I also add some iridescent glitter to the snow around the skating pond for a touch of sparkle.
For more inspiration, check out the design teams blog links below or you can go to the Color Throwdown blog for details on how to play along and see all of the sample entries in one location.

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget, you can follow me on InstagramTwitter and Pinterest to see what I'm up to.

1 comment:

Conniecrafter said...

You do such a fabulous job with these slim line cards and scenes!